A free, opensource, multiplatform, universal viewer and toolbox intended for, but not limited to, timeseries storage files
like EEG, EMG, ECG, BioImpedance, etc.
- Easy to install, just one executable, no special requirements, no Octave or Matlab needed!
- EDFbrowser is one of the fastest, if not, the fastest EDF viewer available.
- Supported fileformats: EDF, EDF+, BDF, BDF+
- Nihon Kohden (*.eeg) to EDF+ converter (including annotations)
- Unisens to EDF+ converter
- MIT to EDF+ converter (including annotations) for http://www.physionet.org/physiobank/database/
- Manscan Microamps (*.mbi/*.mb2) to EDF+ converter (including annotations)
- SCP-ECG (*.scp, EN 1064) to EDF+ converter
- Video playback synchronized with EDF/BDF file (Linux only)
- Emsa (*.PLG) to EDF+ converter (including annotations)
- ASCII to EDF/BDF converter
- Finometer (Beatscope) to EDF converter
- Bmeye Nexfin (FrameInspector) to EDF converter
- WAV to EDF converter
- reads Biosemi's trigger inputs from the BDF "Status" signal
- Annotation editor
- Header editor, fixes also lot's of different format-errors
- 1th to 8th order Butterworth, Chebyshev, Bessel and "moving average" filters
- Notchfilter with adjustable Q-factor
- Spike filter removes spikes, glitches, fast transients or pacemaker impulses.
- Powerspectrum (FFT)
- ECG Heart Rate detection (raw ECG waveform -> beats per minute)
with possibility to export the RR-intervals (beat to beat)
- FM modulated ECG recording to EDF converter
- Z-EEG measurement
- Averaging using triggers, events or annotations
- Supports montages
- Annotations/events export
- Annotations/events import
- File reducer/cropper/decimator
- Downsampling signals
- Precise measurements by using crosshairs
- Zoomfunction by drawing a rectangle with the mouse
- Shows signals from different files at the same time
- EDF/EDF+/BDF/BDF+ to ASCII converter
- EDF/EDF+/BDF/BDF+ compatibility checker
- EDF+D to EDF+C converter
- BDF(+) to EDF(+) converter
- Prints to a printer, image or PDF
- Combine several files and export it to one new EDF file
- Export a part of a file to a new file
- Reads from a streaming file (monitor)
- Available for Linux and Windows
(the source can be compiled on Mac OS X)
This is free software, it is experimental and available under the GPL License version 3.
No charge, no warranty, no taxes, no maintenance fees, no advertising, no adware, no automatic updates, no sales calls, no spam...
Even though this program is free, it is not cheap. A great deal of effort went into making this program useful,
so if you find a problem, please use the email address given in the program's about menu to report it.
Despite this software is intend to be usefull, there is no warranty, use this software at your own risk!
EDFbrowser may NOT be used in safety-critical applications, such as life-support medical systems.
The author is NOT responsible for any consequences. For research and educational purpose only.
Because compiling EDFbrowser is very easy, this is the recommended way. See the how-to further on this page.
Click here (GitHub) for the latest revision/patch/pre-release (sourcecode only)
- Install Git, the GCC compiler and the Qt4 development package:
Linux Mint 18: sudo apt-get install git-core libqt4-dev libqt4-core g++
openSuse Leap 42.2: sudo zypper in git-core libqt4-devel
Fedora 25: sudo dnf install git-core qt-devel gcc-c++
- Download the source code:
git pull https://github.com/Teuniz/EDFbrowser
- Create the makefile:
Linux Mint 18: qmake
openSuse Leap 42.2: qmake
Fedora 25: qmake-qt4
- Compile the source code and install it:
sudo make install
Now you can run the program by typing: edfbrowser
The following bugfixes / additions will be available in the next version:
- Fixed a bug in the Timesync -> Jump to dialog.
- Bugfix in MIT (PhysioBank) converter: use default gain of 200 when adc gain is set to 0.
- Don't update the onset time in the annotation editor when changing file position.
- Solved a bug that could cause the creation of an incompatible montage file.
- Don't invert the heartrate trace when the parent trace is inverted.
- Fixed a bug in the EDF header editor.
- Fixed a bug that resetted some settings of the program to the standard settings.
Some commandline format converters (without graphical user interface) for scripts or batchfiles.
Note that these converters are also in EDFbrowser.
A very convenient open-source programming library for C/C++ programmers who want to implement EDF(+) and/or BDF(+).
EDF for Labview, a collection of VI's to write files in the European Data Format.